The desire to do good things with your money is a common core value many of our clients share (and we guess you do too, since you have visited this page).
The challenge most people have is figuring out how to balance their philanthropic goals with other goals, such as a comfortable retirement and leaving a legacy for children and grandchildren.
The financial plans we create can help you implement a charitable giving plan. The plan incorporates all your goals in a way that benefits both you and the causes you wish to support.
“You don’t need to give a lot to do a lot of good.“
Charitable giving isn’t just for the very wealthy.
Whether you wish to donate $100 or $1 million, charitable giving strategies can be incorporated into your comprehensive financial plan that allow you to give back while safeguarding your financial future.
Why Charitable Planning is Financially Smart
Some charitable giving strategies, when implemented correctly, support multiple objectives, such as providing you with retirement income, lowering income taxes, and increasing gifts to charity.
Incorporating charitable planning into your comprehensive financial plan gives you the freedom to support your philanthropic goals without worrying about running out of money in your retirement years.
How EKS Associates Helps
Your fee-only financial planner approaches your charitable giving plan with your objectives in mind. We want you to achieve your philanthropic goals and set you up for long-term success and financial independence.
Your EKS Associates advisor will do the following:
- Create a charitable giving plan that achieves your goals
- Determine the amount of money you can afford to give
- Ensure you have enough money to meet your retirement and legacy goals
- Implement strategies to provide gifts tax-efficiently, which can lead to more meaningful gifts
Common Concerns We Address
When speaking with clients and the community, some of the most common concerns we hear are as follows:
- I don’t think I have enough money to make an impactful gift.
- I don’t know how to ensure the gift will be used for how I intend.
- I want to give, but I worry there won’t be enough left for my children and grandchildren.
- Giving other than by cash or check is confusing, and I wish to keep my gifting simple and straightforward.
Charitable Giving Strategies to Consider
EKS Associates is well-versed in various advanced charitable giving strategies that can help enhance your giving while maintaining flexibility in your overall financial plan. We will help you understand your options and implement the most appropriate approach. Some of the strategies we review include:
- Making Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD) from IRA accounts
- Donating appreciated stock to reduce capital gains tax
- Setting up and contributing to a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) to create a legacy giving program
- Creating a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) or Gift Annuity to provide income to you (or other family members) with the goal of donating the Trust principal to charities
- Establishing an Endowment to provide perpetual income to causes you support
Learn More About Our Services
The financial plans we develop are comprehensive and designed to help you achieve and maintain financial independence. The plan is driven by your needs and goals.
Request a discovery call today. Share your priorities and concerns with us. We welcome the opportunity to explain our approach. You will clearly see how our fee-only financial planning process can help you achieve your short- and long-term goals.